This soup is one of my favorite S meals I’ve eaten so far in the last 2 weeks. It pairs nicely with a little bit of brown rice for an S helper if needed. The cashews on top give it a perfect crunch!
If you prefer a slow cooker version, skip the coconut oil and add all ingredients (except basil and cashews) to a slow cooker and cook for 4.5 hours on high. Enjoy this warm, comforting soup around a warm, comforting table!
Red Curry Soup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" cubes
- 1 crown broccoli cut into florets
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans coconut milk
- 1 (15 oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews for garnish
- In a large pot, brown chicken cubes in coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except basil and cashews. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basil and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve in bowls with cashews on top.