This soup is one of my favorite S meals I’ve eaten so far in the last 2 weeks. It pairs nicely with a little bit of brown rice for an S helper if needed. The cashews on top give it a perfect crunch!
If you prefer a slow cooker version, skip the coconut oil and add all ingredients (except basil and cashews) to a slow cooker and cook for 4.5 hours on high. Enjoy this warm, comforting soup around a warm, comforting table!
Red Curry Soup
This delicious low-carb soup has a little bit of crunch and a lot of flavor.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1" cubes)
- 1 crown broccoli (cut into florets)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 medium zucchini (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans coconut milk
- 1 (15 oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews (for garnish)
In a large pot, brown chicken cubes in coconut oil over medium heat.
Add remaining ingredients, except basil and cashews. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add basil and cook for 5 more minutes.
Serve in bowls with cashews on top.
Contains 294 calories, 21 g fat, 10 g carb, and 16.5 g protein per 2-cup serving.