Recipe: 6-Ingredient Strawberry Shortcake Parfait
Whether you’re longing for summer or simply searching for a refreshing sweet treat, strawberry shortcake never disappoints. This 6-ingredient make-ahead recipe is perfect to tuck in the refrigerator for a tasty Valentine’s Day dessert!
6-Ingredient Strawberry Shortcake Parfait
- 1/4 cup whipping cream chilled
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 slices angel food cake 1" thick, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup vanilla pudding
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- Chill the bowl of a stand mixer or a separate glass or metal bowl in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes.
- Pour whipping cream into chilled bowl. Mix on medium speed with a stand mixer or hand mixer just until bubbly.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Resume mixing until it reaches your desired whipped cream texture. This can take 3-4 minutes.
- Layer 1/4 of the cake cubes, 1/4 of the strawberries, and half of the pudding, followed by 1/4 of the cake cubes, 1/4 of the strawberries, and 1/2 the whipped topping in a jar or parfait glass. Repeat for second parfait.