Recipe: Dark Chocolate Raspberry Mudslides
If you’ve got a chocolate lover in your life (that includes yourself) this is absolutely the dessert for you! Smooth, creamy, fudgy chocolate mousse with a chocolate wafer cookie and some juicy raspberries. Oh, and there’s only 5 ingredients! What’s not to absolutely love? This make-ahead Valentine’s Day dessert will thrill your inner chocolate lover any time of year.
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Mudslides
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips 50% cacao or higher will work best
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- more chocolate chips for drizzling on top optional
- Heat 1/3 cup cream in a small saucepan over low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until just starting to bubble around the edges.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium-size bowl. Pour hot cream over and let sit until chocolate chips are melted.
- Add vanilla and whisk until mixed. Add remaining cream and whisk until mixed. Refrigerate overnight.
- Using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer, whip refrigerated chocolate cream until thick and fluffy.
- Place a chocolate wafer cookie in the bottom of two custard dishes. Top each with mousse and raspberries.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave on 70% power, stirring every 20-30 seconds. Drizzle over each mudslide, then top with another crumbled wafer cookie.